Founders & Coders (London) - Software Engineering
Founders & Coders is perhaps the most unique of the London-based coding bootcamps. It is tuition-free (👍), peer-led (👫) and run as a non-profit (❌💰) with a focus on social impact (💡). Whilst the other schools are relatively similar, varying mostly in duration and price, Founders & Coders is different in more fundamental ways, both how your learn and what you make.
- Peer-led - Classes are self-taught. Students are broken into small groups to deep-dive on certain topics. They then come together to share their learnings, each leading their own section. Mentors are available (often previous students).
- Social impact/Tech for better - Student projects are build toward community improvement and altruistic causes. e.g. marketplaces for recycled goods, platforms for sharing food.
- Tuition-free - As well as creating projects for good, the school itself is a platform for upward social mobility. This means courses are cost-free, remaining accesible to all candidates.
- Founded: 2014
- Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
- Cities: 3
- Non-profit organisation
- Focus on Social Impact
- Selective application process
Skills and technologies include:
HTML is the universal language of webpages. In the first week, you'll learn to write semantic (descriptive) HTML that gives your pages content; words, images, links, etc.
Here are a few alumni of the Founders & Coders Software Engineering course who are progressing in their careers.
Key People & Teachers
Below are the teachers and people that run Founders & Coders.